Saturday, August 15, 2009

Urban Red-tail Update-The Unisphere Three


WHAT SPECIES IS THIS BIRD?

And a good news update of the Unisphere Fledglings, two of which spent some time with wildlife rehabilitators Bobby and Cathy Horvath fresh off the nest, from watcher Peter Richter--


Hello All,

I was at the Unisphere Monday and finally managed to find all 3 fledglings after about an hour searching. One at a time they all made their way back to the Unisphere, and at one point they were all perched in the same spot no more than a few feet from each other. They all look well, and one of the banded birds was eating a rodent atop a light post. Several dead pigeons were found around the art museum, and I'm guessing the unbanded fledgling is the culprit. I didn't see the parents, and I'm guessing the fledglings are starting to feed themselves, as they are getting quieter and harder to find every time I go.

Regards,
Peter


Many thanks, D.B.

1 comment:

Sally said...

Thank you for the update on the unisphere! I used to enjoy reading the reports of the birds perching on various countries like real globe trotters! Good to hear they are all well now.