Friday, April 27, 2007

Red-tail Update! Looks like a hatch at Fordham!


And just what does Tristan of The Cathedral Nest know that we can only guess?
From Chris Lyons, dedicated watcher of Rose and Hawkeye of the Fordham nest in the Bronx...

"Well, I'm pretty sure I just watched (and photographed, and digital videotaped) Rose feeding very small chicks, while Hawkeye watched in rapt fascination. I didn't see the chicks. I know those movements, though. Keep an eye on City Birder." http://citybirder.blogspot.com/

And from Jeff Kollbrunner, of JK Nature Galleryhttp://www.jknaturegallery.com/ and the Queen's nest of Momma and Papa. The site of the Audubon hawkcam. Hope is fading that the third egg in the nest will hatch. Although the two eyeasses that have hatched are doing very well.

(And I must say, the two eyasses are truly beyond cute in their raptorie kind of way. And do be careful of the wonderful Hawkcam. It's utterly addictive. Here's just one example. I keep finding myself taking notes on how many seconds Momma sleeps vs how many minutes she stays awake at three and four in the morning. D.B.)
For a look at Pale Male Jr. and Charlotte's new digs go to Lincoln Karim's site www.palemale.com/

Donegal Browne
BELOW FIND THE THURSDAY AT ST. JOHN'S REPORT ON TRISTAN AND ISOLDE

No comments: