Thursday, July 02, 2015

Just in from Stella Hamilton: The Sheep Meadow and St. John the Divine Hawks!


Photo: Stella Hamilton      Sheep Meadow Fledgling


Hi Donna , 

I went over to  St. John the Divine yesterday evening and found an adult RTH, (Madeleine, D.B.) feeding above the statue of St. Peter. It was drizzling and the shots were a bit too high for my camera to get a good shot.  I did see at least 2 fuzzy white heads briefly.  

After my visit at St. John the Divine, I went over to Sheep Meadow and found all 3 babies on trees and their parents busily hunting and delivering rodents to their kids. I did observe meal delivery twice in the short time that I was there. Photography very difficult due to lush greenery and lack of light and hawk activity.  But I did get to see the whole family.

 All photos by Stella Hamilton
Go Norman and Madeleine!

The first clutch at St. John's failed according to Rob Schmunk at http://morningsidehawks.blogspot.com/

Also Rob has a super checklist of this years NYC Red-tailed Hawk nests on his main page.  Check it out.


 
 And another shot of Madeleine feeding.

And the Sheep Meadow eyass blowing in the wind on a bough in Central Park.

Happy Hawking!
Donegal Browne

No comments: