Tuesday, April 28, 2009

CHARLOTTE AND THE EGG, Another Urban Red-tailed Hawk Nest Failure?


Photograph by Brett Odom
Tuesday, April 28, 2009-Charlotte and (left) the egg.
Hey Donna.
Here is a photo I took today. What is your opinion? That looks like it is still an egg to me on the left. Whatever it is, Charlotte never sat on it and she was off the nest for the majority of the day.


Brett Odom
________________________________________
Hi Brett,
The egg still looks like an egg to me too. And as Charlotte isn't sitting on it, it doesn't bode well. I can't think of a positive scenario in which Charlotte wouldn't be either brooding or incubating at this point in the process.
I realize that you can't have your eyes glued to the nest all day as you are at work but did you happen to see Pale Male Jr. at all? Any switches? And food brought to the nest?
Was it particularly hot in NYC today?
Donegal Browne

No comments: